Thursday, June 23, 2016

The Quest of the Best Protein Bar



Good News! 

I recently purchased the Kirkland brand protein bars from Costco! Today I tried the chocolate chip cookie dough. Lately I've heard reviews about the Kirkland brand as a strong competitor to the QUEST nutrition protein bars. 

The products have similar nutrition facts, both at 190 calories. The Costco bar edging out Quest with only 7g of fat in comparison to it's 9g. Both protein bars have 21g of protein. Quest's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough does have less carbs than Costco's, at 20g in comparison to 22g. 

After today's taste test, I'd say the Costco brand tastes nearly the same (and maybe even better) than the Quest bar. I chose to microwave my bar for about seven seconds, just as I regularly do with my quest bars. I realized the chocolate melted quicker on the Kirkland brand product. BUT, I thoroughly enjoyed the texture and flavor. I give the new Costco protein bar a 10/10 for taste, and--you can't beat Costco's low prices. 


1 comment:

  1. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. best protein bars

    ReplyDelete